Spring is the peak time for the residential real estate market. It is a time when homes are put on the market so families can sell, move, and get re-established before the kids go back to school in the fall. It is also a good time for moving just based on the weather alone. (No worries about a blizzard in June!) So, many homeowners looking at selling their home ask the question, “Should we paint now?”
In short, the answer is yes!
Paint is definitely one of the most cost-effective and quickest ways to transform a home. If you want to impress potential home buyers, then painting may be the way to go. Here are a few reasons why you should paint your home’s interior and exterior before you put up that “For Sale” sign on the front lawn.
- A freshly painted home looks newer. Even if you have a much older home, paint can make everything look fresh and new.
- A freshly painted home has a high return on investment (ROI). Realtors report that homeowners make back instantly the amount they spent on painting just due to the positive impression a new coat of paint can give a home.
- A home that once had a color palette that was unique to the homeowners can now be painted in neutrals that tend to appeal to a wider group of people. And that is what you want when selling your home – to entice as many people to consider buying your home
- A new coat of neutral paint can help potential buyers envision their belongings in your home. If they can picture their “stuff” in the home, they are far more likely to consider putting in an offer on it.
- Painting several rooms can help a home have a cohesive look, as each room will coordinate or complement the others in color palette.
- If your home has dated wallpaper, a paint project can quickly take years off your home and bring it into this decade with modern colors.
- Most home buyers consider how “move-in-ready” a home is before placing an offer. If your home is newly painted that is one more thing off the to-do list.
- A newly painted exterior can create curb appeal that may make house hunters stop at your home to see what’s inside.
Selling this spring? Let Jerry Enos Painting professionally paint your home’s interior and/or exterior surfaces to give you a boost in the competitive real estate market. Call us at 978-546-6843, or visit our website to find out more about our painting services.