Jerry Enos Painting has been around for decades and we have seen it all. Sometimes we are called in to a home or business to fix what a well-meaning “Do-It-Yourselfer” has messed up. Painting may look easy but to have it look crisp, clean and professional, sometimes it is best left to the pros! Here are just a sampling of rules that should not be broken when painting your home.
- Don’t Skimp on Materials – From brushes to paint, choose high quality. There is nothing worse that having bristles of brushes come off on the wall, paint clumps muck up the smooth walls or waste time doing several coats because a paint has low coverage.
- Don’t Skip the Prep Work – Cleaning the walls, dusting the heat registers, covering the floors and moving the furniture should not be optional. If you rush through the prep work you may find that you have spider webs in a corner where you are painting, a paint splatter on your hard wood floors or furniture that is in the way of the work.
- Wait for the Right Temperature – Painting when it is too hot, humid or even too cold can be disastrous. Be sure you are painting in the right climate and when your hard work will not be ruined by Mother Nature.
- Use the Right Techniques and Tools – Be sure you have done your homework about how to paint certain areas of your home using specialized tools. It would be a shame to work so hard only to have to redo an area or find that it doesn’t look quite right.
- Clean Up – Many a DIY job has been ruined when paint and brushes were not stored and cleaned properly. Be sure you wash and clean brushes and rollers as well as tidy the painting area each night.