As painters for the last three decades, we often get asked some common questions about paint and the painting process. Here are a few of them for your research before you choose the professional you plan to work with. If you have more specific questions regarding your home please call Jerry Enos Painting at 978-546-6843, or visit our website to find out more.
- What type of paint do you use and why? We primarily use Benjamin Moore Paints due to the high quality of their paints.
- Do you offer environmentally friendly paints? Most paints now have low VOCs but we can certainly use non-VOC paint or paints with low odor. Talk to us and we can take care of your concerns.
- How long should my exterior paint job last? There are many factors that determine how long the paint lasts including preparation of the surface, quality of the surface, quality of the wood, and environmental factors such as location and access to direct sunlight. We would be able to assess this better after viewing your home and the environment surrounding your home.
- What are the different kinds of paint finishes, and how do I select them for each room? There are several choices for paint sheen, although different brands call them different things. In general there is high-gloss, semi-gloss, eggshell, and flat. We can help you decide which may be better for high traffic areas or areas that see more moisture like kitchens and bathrooms.
- How do I choose a color for either inside or outside my home? At Jerry Enos Painting we offer a color consultant that you can work with to determine what color palette would be best for your home.
- Is there any way to increase the life of the paint on my interior walls? We suggest regular cleaning with soap and water, or even just a damp cloth that can quickly wipe away grease, grime, and unsightly smudges, especially around light switches.