Just like design ideas in the fashion industry tend to come back around again, designs in the decorating industry tend to be cyclical as well. With that being true, here is the big news – wall paper is back!
If the idea of wallpaper as a decorating trend gives you flashbacks to the floral patterns or barnyard animal prints of 40 years ago, have no fear. Today’s wall paper patterns are a far cry from those 1980 designs. In fact, wall paper can now set the mood for opulence, a classic style or even make a bold graphic statement. Here are a few ways that wallpaper can make a statement in your home.
- Create visual interest in a heigh ceilinged foyer or on an oversized wall.
- Wallpaper can make for an excellent room divider. For example, use a graphic style on the top or bottom half of a room with a chair rail. Complete the look with a coordinating paint color on the other half.
- Make one wall in a room pop by creating an accent wall with wallpaper.
- Create height with wallpaper in a room with low ceilings by using vertical stripes to elongate the walls.
- Add some whimsy to a child’s room or powder room that needs a spruce up.
- Make a design statement by choosing a bold graphic. There are hundreds of styles to choose from that will match your personality and the mood you are trying to create.
- Create texture in a room with wallpaper. Textures tend to make a room feel cozy and inviting.
- Use a wallpaper design as wall art.
Wallpaper no longer needs to be relegated to formal dining rooms and living rooms. The new patterns and graphics are modern and visually interesting. Talk to the professionals at Jerry Enos Painting if you have interest in wallpapering an accent wall or even a whole room.
Google the terms “Wallpaper Removal” and you will not only find pages and pages of suggestions of how to rid yourself of the gluey mess, but you will also find “Do-It-Yourself” nightmare stories of homeowners trying to remove the paper themselves. Removing wallpaper can be an extremely time consuming and messy proposition. The task can not only be physically difficult but you may end up with dinged or damaged walls if you don’t do it just right. It is for these reasons why we have put together our list of 3 reasons why you should hire Jerry Enos Painting to take care of your wallpaper removal project.
- Time Savings – Who really wants to spend their weekends scraping wallpaper off the walls? If you have a larger home or especially difficult paper to remove or, worst case scenario, several layers of wallpaper to remove, do you really want to lose several weekends of your precious free time to get that paper down? Professionals like those on our Enos team will work carefully to get ever last bit down in a safe and efficient manner.
- Quality Work – Proper removal is the best way to ensure that you will not need to patch dents, scrapes or gouges made by scrapers. If you plan to paint the room after the removal, making sure it is done right so that the walls remain flat and unharmed should be a top priority. Hiring our professionals means that we take the utmost care to remove the paper and keep your walls looking beautiful.
- Money Savings – Homeowners can go through several methods and products to remove wallpaper with little to no success. Do-It-Yourself kits from local hardware stores can get pricey. Even after trying different products and methods you may still have a huge job ahead of you.
- Less Frustration – Imagine standing on a ladder with wallpaper glue and smelly removal product running down your arm. Your muscles ache from scraping and you have miles of square footage to go yet. Save yourself the the frustration by hiring experts that can manage the setup, take down and cleanup of the entire project.