After a winter of harsh weather, spring is a great time to get out there and freshen up the exterior of your home, from siding surfaces to the walkways and entertaining areas. A power wash (or sometimes called pressure washing) makes sense since the equipment used is designed with special pumps that have 50% more force than a regular garden hose, able to clean areas that are hard to reach or that have excessive dirt, grime, and mold. At Jerry Enos Painting we suggest power washing for several main reasons:
- Preventative Maintenance – Power washing stops the premature decay of a home’s siding, decking, or walkways. It prevents the mold, mildew, and harmful chemicals used during the de-icing of roads every winter from building up and harming your exterior surfaces. Without this annual cleaning, wood and siding may age faster and see premature damage due to dirty surfaces.
- Keeping the Family and Pets Safe – Power Washing is a safe way to wash away chemicals such as liquid deicers, rock salt, and fertilizer ingredients used around the property that have built up over the years. Power washing can also remove mold, mildew, and allergens that can make your family and pets sick. Removing mildew on walking surfaces can also prevent slips and falls as these areas can get slippery after rain or with morning dew.
- Curb Appeal – Ask any realtor and they will advise that freshening up the exterior of your home before selling is a smart investment. This should include the landscaping, painting, décor, windows, hardscape, and completing a thorough power wash of all these areas should be top on the list.
- Home Value – Studies completed by Consumer Reports suggest that cleaning, painting, and overall tidying up a home can increase the home’s value by 2-5%. This is critical when it comes time to sell.
- Environmentally Friendly – Power washing is environmentally friendly. There are no chemicals used in power washing and the amount of water is 75% less than if a homeowner used a garden hose.
Do you need a power wash for your exterior surfaces such as your home, deck, walkways, or business? Call Jerry Enos at 978-546-6843, or visit our website to find out more.