Just like design ideas in the fashion industry tend to come back around again, designs in the decorating industry tend to be cyclical as well. With that being true, here is the big news – wall paper is back!
If the idea of wallpaper as a decorating trend gives you flashbacks to the floral patterns or barnyard animal prints of 40 years ago, have no fear. Today’s wall paper patterns are a far cry from those 1980 designs. In fact, wall paper can now set the mood for opulence, a classic style or even make a bold graphic statement. Here are a few ways that wallpaper can make a statement in your home.
- Create visual interest in a heigh ceilinged foyer or on an oversized wall.
- Wallpaper can make for an excellent room divider. For example, use a graphic style on the top or bottom half of a room with a chair rail. Complete the look with a coordinating paint color on the other half.
- Make one wall in a room pop by creating an accent wall with wallpaper.
- Create height with wallpaper in a room with low ceilings by using vertical stripes to elongate the walls.
- Add some whimsy to a child’s room or powder room that needs a spruce up.
- Make a design statement by choosing a bold graphic. There are hundreds of styles to choose from that will match your personality and the mood you are trying to create.
- Create texture in a room with wallpaper. Textures tend to make a room feel cozy and inviting.
- Use a wallpaper design as wall art.
Wallpaper no longer needs to be relegated to formal dining rooms and living rooms. The new patterns and graphics are modern and visually interesting. Talk to the professionals at Jerry Enos Painting if you have interest in wallpapering an accent wall or even a whole room.