New England homes are exposed to the whims of Mother Nature from the heat and ultraviolet rays of the summer to the salt, snow and harsh temperatures of the winter months. While our homes are designed to deal with the unpredictable weather associated with our region, they still need maintenance and care on a regular basis. A thorough power wash can be a great solution to the buildup of grime, dirt, mildew, moss and stains on the exterior of our homes and businesses. Why should you choose power washing? Here are a few reasons:
- Preventative Maintenance – Just like maintaining other parts of your home or business, power washing can save you money on costly repairs due to damage to the surface of your exterior. Neglected siding, shingling or decking can result in damaged wood or vinyl that can be costly to replace or repair. Prevent those bills by routinely having an expert power wash your home or business.
- Maintain Property Value – Your home or business is probably your biggest investment so maintain its beauty and ultimately its value by keeping mildew, mold and dirt at bay with an annual power washing. According to the National Association of Realtors, a pressure washed house can increase your property value by $10,000-$15,000.
- Protect Your Health -Just as dirt and grime can attach to your home, so can allergens that can make your family sick or at least fairly miserable during pollen and other high allergen seasons. A professional power wash can remove allergens and keep your family healthy.
Rejuvenate – Wood, concrete, vinyl, brick, and other surfaces can begin to look old and worn down from the sun’s rays and snow melt products, so consider a professional power wash to rejuvenate the surface. Restore the original color and beauty to the surface that will make you wonder why you didn’t do it sooner!
The smell of the grill, the laughter of friends and the warmth of the fire pit are just a few of the things we have been dreaming about all winter long, right? Spring is here and summer is right around the bend, which means it’s time for outdoor entertaining!
However, just because the calendar has turned to spring doesn’t mean you are ready for the patio party season to begin. Have you checked out the condition of your deck or patio? Does the area need some revitalizing or a bit of sprucing before you invite all your friends and family for the traditional summer barbecues? Here are 3 of the ways Jerry Enos Painting can help you get ready to fire up the grill!
- Power Washing – Snow melt products and heavy shoveling can cause serious damage to decks and patios. Pressure washing actually rejuvenates wood, concrete, vinyl, brick, and other surfaces by removing entire layers of built-up dirt and particulates, oil, gum, and other gunk. Stripping away the grunge to reveal the unsullied surface below actually protects that surface from future rot and UV damage. We can power wash your deck, walkways, patio area or the exterior facade of your home to make it look clean and new!
- Deck Refinishing – After several seasons exposed to the elements, the wood on a deck can begin to look old, discolored and in need of some serious TLC. We can strip and seal your deck to protect it and bring back its natural beauty. In stripping the deck we remove the dead fibers to reveal the fresh, unsullied wood underneath. Then we seal it with a high quality, hard wearing clear or tinted penetrative coating. The like-new condition of your deck will have friends and relatives wondering if you installed a new deck!
- Exterior Painting – Jerry Enos Painting can prep, prime and paint any exterior structure including your home, garage or sheds. The damaging effects of salt, moss and mildew can really do a job on exterior facades so consider contacting us for a free estimate on painting your home before the BBQ season kicks off this year!
Spring is a great time to clean out your closets, wash your windows, declutter the basement and get your carpets cleaned. Spring cleaning may not be glamorous and exciting, but it sure can bring a house back to life after a long winter. While you are cleaning around your house don’t neglect the actual siding of the house itself. Whether you are just hoping to rejuvenate the overall look of your exterior or maybe you want to put your house on the market this spring, power washing is a must do on your spring cleaning checklist.
Throughout the winter the exterior of your house was exposed to some fairly tough elements that may have your house looking worn down or dirty. Mold, dirt, stains, salt and other environmental pollutants can make your house look tired and grimy. Power washing or pressure washing is a simple and fast way to restore the original color and remove unsightly stains. Pressure washing actually rejuvenates wood, concrete, vinyl, brick, and other surfaces by removing entire layers of built-up dirt and particulates, oil, gum, and other gunk.
Power washing can payoff in several important ways. Not only does power washing keep your home clean: it hinders rot, decay and premature aging of the home. These problems could lead to costly repairs down the line. An annual power washing can help homeowners avoid such problems. Once clean, a home that was once seen as tired and dirty now also has increased curb appeal if you are considering selling your home this spring. It could also mean an increase in the home’s overall value. Imagine home buyers pulling up to your house to be pleasantly surprised at how well kept the exterior of the home is. This makes for a positive first impression. A well maintained home from the outside increases the odds that the buyer will continue the tour to the inside. Showing your house with a freshened up look is one of the major benefits of a power washing this spring.