Now that the weather is finally getting a bit cooler, many homeowners find that this is an ideal time to do some much needed outdoor home improvement projects. We suggest looking around the exterior of your property and see what needs some TLC before the winter sets in. Here are just a few of the ideas for improving your home this fall.
- Exterior Painting – Fall is a fantastic time to take care of the exterior paint projects, whether it is the trim, deck, garage, or a full house job. Washing, scraping, priming, and painting the exterior of your home can prolong the life of your siding, trim, and window surrounds. Not only will the fresh coat seal the wood, but it will also make your home look new again!
- Power Washing – Decks, walkways, driveways, and other surfaces can get grimy and dirty over the course of a busy summer season. Jerry Enos Painting offers power washing that can remove the grime and restore the surface to its original appearance.
- Seal Windows – With winter coming all-to-soon, take care of cracks and gaps in your windows. This can save you money on your utility bills and help make your home look refreshed.
- Roof Repair – Fall is a great time to fix roof issues as it is not as blistering hot up there as it is during the summer months. In addition, winter is not a good time to find out that you have a roof leak or need to recap your chimney. No one wants to be up on a slippery, snow-covered roof at that time of year.
- Gutter Clean Out – Avoid costly blockages in your gutters by cleaning them out every fall. Get all those leaves, pine needles, and other debris that has accumulated over the year.
Do you have painting or power washing you want completed this fall? Call Jerry Enos Painting at 978-546-6843 soon.
Thinking about selling your home? Hoping to fetch top dollar and get an excellent return on your precious investment? If so, you may be considering ways to improve your home before you place it on the market. One of the steps that realtors advise sellers who are both cost-conscious and time-conscious is painting. Let’s look at the tops reasons why painting the interior, exterior or both is a great idea before you place it on the market!
- First Impressions – When a buyer pulls up in front of your home, they immediately look at the exterior and gain a critical first impression. Making that first impression a positive one is so important. If your home has chipping, weathered or peeling paint, gutters that need cleaning and a lawn that could use some work, then a potential buyer may not even enter your home. However, if your home is freshly painted, lawn is well-manicured and overall looks cared for, you will get that buyer looking closer and considering making an offer.
- Foot in the Door – New exterior paint may get your potential buyers through the front door but what about when they get inside? Are the color choices for the rooms too bold or light for the new buyers? Can they “see” themselves living in the home? New paint indoors can freshen up a room dramatically and give the house a new look. A newly painted room can clean up years of smudges on walls, knicks on the baseboards and stains on the ceilings.
- Less on the “To-Do” List – Every home buyer makes a mental list of the things that they want to change, fix or redo once they get into a home. Sometimes the list is so long that it puts a house out of the running. If your home is freshly painted inside and out, you may have given the buyer one less thing to worry about. In addition, a home that looks cared for means that other things such as electrical, heat and other utilities are equally maintained. Painting can put home buyers at ease that they are buying a well-maintained home that is practically turnkey.
When clients pull up to your store or office, what type of environment are they experiencing? Is your building pleasing to the eye? Is it clean, bright and fresh? Customers, clients and employees are partial to friendly looking, well-kept, and visually appealing businesses. A fresh coat of paint for the interior or exterior of your businesses can be a whole lot more than routine maintenance, it can actually add value to your business, increase productivity, add curb appeal and potentially attract new customers!
- Curb Appeal – No one wants to have their company be seen as dingy or dirty, but sometimes after years of neglect paint can chip, peel and become discolored. A new coat of paint can bring new life to an exterior that needs attention. Maintaining a picture perfect exterior can greatly increase the attention given to your building, which in turn can attract new clients.
- Increased Morale – There are countless studies that suggest a clean, bright and well-maintained work environment is directly correlated to employee morale, productivity and retention. Whether you decide to paint the exterior, interior or both, your office space will look new and fresh. Employees that are feeling positive work harder for you and make a more positive impact on clients.
- Brand Awareness – In the world of marketing, color has long been associated with brands. If your office still has white walls and no personality, maybe it is time to consider painting as a way of branding your product or service. The right color palette can influence human emotions and make them have positive associations with your brand name.
- Aesthetics and Trends – No one wants their business to look old, or outdated. Create a mood conducive to your brand that is in alignment with current trends. For example, have you ever notice that tech companies tend to use bold colors and edgy designs to appear innovative? Spas tend to choose soothing colors to encourage relaxation. Clients notice when things are worn or need updating so making painting your business a top priority.
The smell of the grill, the laughter of friends and the warmth of the fire pit are just a few of the things we have been dreaming about all winter long, right? Spring is here and summer is right around the bend, which means it’s time for outdoor entertaining!
However, just because the calendar has turned to spring doesn’t mean you are ready for the patio party season to begin. Have you checked out the condition of your deck or patio? Does the area need some revitalizing or a bit of sprucing before you invite all your friends and family for the traditional summer barbecues? Here are 3 of the ways Jerry Enos Painting can help you get ready to fire up the grill!
- Power Washing – Snow melt products and heavy shoveling can cause serious damage to decks and patios. Pressure washing actually rejuvenates wood, concrete, vinyl, brick, and other surfaces by removing entire layers of built-up dirt and particulates, oil, gum, and other gunk. Stripping away the grunge to reveal the unsullied surface below actually protects that surface from future rot and UV damage. We can power wash your deck, walkways, patio area or the exterior facade of your home to make it look clean and new!
- Deck Refinishing – After several seasons exposed to the elements, the wood on a deck can begin to look old, discolored and in need of some serious TLC. We can strip and seal your deck to protect it and bring back its natural beauty. In stripping the deck we remove the dead fibers to reveal the fresh, unsullied wood underneath. Then we seal it with a high quality, hard wearing clear or tinted penetrative coating. The like-new condition of your deck will have friends and relatives wondering if you installed a new deck!
- Exterior Painting – Jerry Enos Painting can prep, prime and paint any exterior structure including your home, garage or sheds. The damaging effects of salt, moss and mildew can really do a job on exterior facades so consider contacting us for a free estimate on painting your home before the BBQ season kicks off this year!
Big or small, traditional or modern, your home is where you return after a long day’s work to unwind or gather with family and friends. With all the amazing choices for exterior colors, deciding on a color scheme for your home’s exterior can be a challenge. Not only can the color choices go a long way to bring out the unique characteristics of your home, it can also show off your personality and set a tone for your style of curb appeal. What kind of statement do you want your home to make with your color choices? Do you want the appearance to be classic, bold, modern, historically accurate, or maybe whimsical? Here are a few exterior color ideas based upon what you want the overall “look” of your home to be.
- Classic – Does your home have a classic look? There is something to be said for the “tried-and-true” colors of traditional white with contrasting black shutters or neutral tones accented by contrasting trim in a lighter or darker hue. If your home is truly a classic–in that it is on the state’s historical register–consult your local Historical Society for a complete list of appropriate color palettes. Jerry Enos Painting has painted homes from new construction to centuries old homes. We know how to not only care for your older home, but how to carefully handle older wood and trim.
- Modern or Bold – If you are aiming for a modern look with a bold color palette or color accents that will “pop,” then you may want to explore the primary colors as accents to more neutral tones of grey or slate colors. Rich colors on the trim of the windows and doors as well as the front door can create a pleasant and modern look to any home’s exterior.
- Whimsical – Cottage homes and homes in vacation areas can play with color more and get a little whimsical in the hues that are chosen. Using the colors in the pastel part of the color wheel can be relaxing and inviting. In addition, if you are aiming for whimsy you may want to choose several accent colors instead of the traditional complementary colors to add a bit of flair.
Are you looking to sell your home this spring and are trying to figure what home improvements will be most worth it? Should you sink some serious cash into a kitchen remodel, bathroom renovation or possibly add on square footage? According to the experts at Realtor.com, one of the most cost-effective improvements of all has nothing to do with a major renovation. In fact, their research shows that sprucing up the outside of your house with paint can give homeowners the biggest bang for the buck. A fresh coat of paint makes the exterior of a home look clean and updated. That translates into value!
Real estate agents explain that improvements to kitchens and baths are usually worth the investment, but getting the buyer in the house and impressing them the moment they pull up to the curb is much more important. If a house hunter drives by your house and is not initially impressed, they are not going to stop the car and go for a tour. The real estate market can be very competitive and if you want to compete with similar homes in your neighborhood, an exterior paint job can help you achieve your goal.
Spending money to make your curb appeal stronger can convey a sense of welcome to potential home buyers. It can also reassure home buyers that the house is well maintained and cared for. The money you spend to make the exterior of your house stand out from the rest will most certainly be a worthwhile investment. In fact, Consumer Reports examined recent home sales and estimates that an exterior paint job can increase a home’s value by 2-5%!
If you are considering putting your home on the market this spring or summer, call Jerry Enos Painting to increase your curb appeal, draw in buyers and be a strong competitor in your real estate region.
Spring is a great time to clean out your closets, wash your windows, declutter the basement and get your carpets cleaned. Spring cleaning may not be glamorous and exciting, but it sure can bring a house back to life after a long winter. While you are cleaning around your house don’t neglect the actual siding of the house itself. Whether you are just hoping to rejuvenate the overall look of your exterior or maybe you want to put your house on the market this spring, power washing is a must do on your spring cleaning checklist.
Throughout the winter the exterior of your house was exposed to some fairly tough elements that may have your house looking worn down or dirty. Mold, dirt, stains, salt and other environmental pollutants can make your house look tired and grimy. Power washing or pressure washing is a simple and fast way to restore the original color and remove unsightly stains. Pressure washing actually rejuvenates wood, concrete, vinyl, brick, and other surfaces by removing entire layers of built-up dirt and particulates, oil, gum, and other gunk.
Power washing can payoff in several important ways. Not only does power washing keep your home clean: it hinders rot, decay and premature aging of the home. These problems could lead to costly repairs down the line. An annual power washing can help homeowners avoid such problems. Once clean, a home that was once seen as tired and dirty now also has increased curb appeal if you are considering selling your home this spring. It could also mean an increase in the home’s overall value. Imagine home buyers pulling up to your house to be pleasantly surprised at how well kept the exterior of the home is. This makes for a positive first impression. A well maintained home from the outside increases the odds that the buyer will continue the tour to the inside. Showing your house with a freshened up look is one of the major benefits of a power washing this spring.
You only get one chance at making a first impression. This is especially true when you are trying to sell your home. In the real estate world a warm, welcoming and attractive exterior can make or break a home sale. According to Mary Harker, an associate realtor with Keller Williams, “People who prepare their homes both inside and out before they put them on the market are the ones who have quicker sales and who receive top dollar.” With over 88% of home buyers starting their search online, it is more important than ever that the exterior of the home be as close to picture perfect as possible. It is far too easy to “click” right by a home that looks run down or in need of painting or landscaping. Here are some tips from real estate professionals about painting and upkeep to get you optimal curb appeal.
Clean it Up – Get the grunge, dirt and mildew off your home with a professional powerwash of both your exterior facade, decking and driveway. Realtors Online reports that washing a house can add $10-$15 thousand to the sale prices of some houses. Jerry Enos offers power washing that actually rejuvenates wood, concrete, vinyl, brick, and other surfaces by removing entire layers of built-up dirt and particulates, oil, gum, and other gunk. Stripping away the grunge to reveal the unsullied surface below actually protects that surface from future rot and UV damage.
Give the Paint A Face Lift – The most commonly offered curb appeal advice from real estate pros and appraisers is to give the exterior of your home a good paint job. Buyers will instantly notice it, and appraisers will value it. A freshly painted exterior sends a signal that the house is well maintained and that home buyers won’t have to shell out money to paint the exterior any time soon. Newly painted trim, facade, accents and front door can make a house pop and really wow the buyers at your open house and home viewing appointments.
Freshen the Entry – The front door and entry way can be a pivotal moment that leaves a lasting impression. Make sure all fixtures including the mailbox, lighting fixtures, door knocker and doorbell are clean and well painted. Spruce things up with plantings or new house numbers that can give the home a newly updated look.
According to a recent Zillow survey, real estate agents named curb appeal as one of the five most important factors in selling a home. Homes with strong curb appeal including fresh paint, fixtures, and plantings can fetch prices about 10 percent higher. Call Jerry Enos today if you plan to put your house on the market this spring and are looking for a facelift.