September 28, 2018
The heart of every home is the kitchen. For many of us, it is where we first gather in the morning and then again at the end of the day to meet with family and check in with each other. It is the place where everyone ends up any time you entertain. And it is the place that feeds us emotionally and physically. The kitchen, then, should be a place that sets the mood through paint and décor. Let’s take a look at some of the recent kitchen trends when it comes to color schemes.
If it is time to update or at least liven up the hub of your home, here are a few kitchen color combinations that are currently trending.
- Grays and browns are neutral colors that seem to be taking center stage in the kitchen as of late. Light grays and browns are neutrals that allow for play with accent colors around the kitchen, and the soft shades of these two colors can make for a perfect backdrop.
- Green and silver are a combination that decorators are loving in the kitchen since they nicely show off the stainless steel appliances that are currently very popular. They also help bring the color of nature inside your kitchen.
- Red has long been a favorite color in the kitchen as it is cheery and acts as an activator color. It shows off well with white or gray cabinets and allows for some fun choices when it comes to counter top appliances such as a mixer or coffee maker.
- For homeowners who love a contemporary look, black and white will never be out of style. The crisp and stark color difference makes for a sleek look with walls, surfaces, and countertops.
- Bold blues are currently trending in kitchens as they can liven up any size space without making it look dark. Blues also coordinate well with the many color options that kitchen appliances come in these days.
Are you ready to refresh your kitchen and need help painting and choosing a great color scheme? Call Jerry Enos Painting at 978-546-6843, or visit our website to get started on your update today.