For months, New Englanders have endured the winter weather. This year it seemed to last forever. The cold, windy, and snowy wrath of Mother Nature makes us all savor the months that we can be outdoors even more so. Now that outdoor entertaining time is here, is your deck and patio area ready? Jerry Enos Painting has several services that can help transform your outdoor space into an outdoor living area to be proud of.
Look around your deck and patio area. Does the wood look worn or tired? Does it need a good cleaning? Do the structures around your grill or fire pit need a fresh coat of paint? These are all elements that can make or break your outdoor space.
- Power Washing – Whether you have a pool, patio, hardscape, fire pit, or traditional deck with a grill, Jerry Enos Painting offers professional power washing that can rejuvenate your outdoor entertaining space. Mold, dirt, and discoloration can make your deck or hardscape look old and worn. Power washing is about more than just aesthetics, though. Unlike conventional cleaning methods that may leave behind detergents or harsh chemicals, pressure washing actually rejuvenates wood, concrete, vinyl, brick, and other surfaces by removing entire layers of built-up dirt and particulates, oil, gum, and other gunk. Stripping away the grunge to reveal the unsullied surface below actually protects that surface from future rot and UV damage.
- Deck Refinishing – How is the wood on your deck faring? Take a look. Has the sun, rain, snow, or ice melt caused your deck to look old, start to splinter, or warp? Deck refinishing means a comprehensive treatment including: repair, cleaning, and refinishing your outdoor deck to like-new condition.
- Exterior Painting – Does your backyard have a trellis, gazebo, or other outdoor structures that need to be maintained with stain or paint? Jerry Enos Painting can help strip, scrape, stain, and/or paint any of your outside structures so that your entertaining area can be in tip-top shape.
It’s been a long, hard winter. Do you need help transforming your outdoor space back to its original glory? Call Jerry Enos Painting at 978-546-6843, or visit our website to find out more.
For the typical American, their home is their single greatest asset. It makes sense, then, that a home deserves regular maintenance and care to keep it in good working condition, from the electrical elements, to the heating elements, and all the appliances in between. Painting the exterior of your home is also one such chore that should be done every few years. For many homeowners, painting their home is not high on their list of things they want to accomplish this outdoor season. Unfortunately, homes have a funny way of showing when they need attention. Here are a few warning signs that you should consider painting your home’s exterior sooner rather than later.
- Chipping or Peeling Paint – One of biggest red flags that your home needs some TLC is that the paint is beginning to bubble, chip, and peel. This is often a sign that the wood underneath has begun to rot and should be removed and replaced. Unprotected wood tends to absorb the water in the air or that comes down as precipitation. That absorption then causes the wood to soften, swell and, eventually, decay. Chips and peels are your home’s way of telling you that it may need some repairs.
- Fading Paint – While it’s not as obvious as chipping and peeling, fading paint is another way that your home is telling you it needs a refresh. Fading paint can happen due to sun exposure, and it often happens more rapidly to darker paints. It can also indicate a problem with vapor barrier, so you would do well have this looked at by a professional who can evaluate your home.
- Caulking Issues – The caulk around your windows, doors, and flashing can lose its elasticity. This is fairly common in New England, as the caulking needs to expand and contract given the quick-changing temperatures and environmental conditions. Consider calling in the pros to evaluate this issue and see if it needs replacement or repair.
Is your home sending you a message that it may be time to paint? Call Jerry Enos Painting at 978-546-6843, or visit our website to find out more.
Are you a decisive person or do you like to mull over things for a while before making any decisions? Deciding on a paint color for the exterior of a home can be one of those decisions that make you stop and really think. After all, the reality is that you will have to live with the color for years to come. To make the decision-making process a little easier, here are 4 tips from our experts.
- What Do You Want? If your home is not in a historical district or regulated by homeowner association bylaws, then you can basically choose whatever you want for an exterior color. The first thing you should consider is what YOU want. Do you like softer colors or darker tones? Are you in love with a shade that you have seen in nature, such as a green or blue? Think about what overall visual effect you want and go with it!
- Consider Your Home’s Environment – Plan your color around the elements of your home that you can not easily change such as color of roofing shingles, stonework, chimney color, walkways, and driveways. If there are other color elements that you would like to help blend in, then take those into consideration as well.
- Consider Architecture – If your home is a craftsman, Federalist, Queen Anne, or other style that has lots of architectural elements that you would like to highlight, then consider choosing a focal color and a couple of accent colors. Colors that are complementary can help bring out the architectural elements nicely.
- Consider Neighboring Homes – What are the colors of the homes immediately next to or adjacent to your home? If they are similar to a color you are considering, you may want to go a shade darker or lighter to distinguish your home from the surrounding homes. If all the homes in your area are light in color palette, do you really want to go super dark or would you rather blend in?
Do you need help choosing a beautiful exterior shade for your home? Call Jerry Enos Painting at 978-546-6843, or visit our website to find out more about our consultation services that can help you find the right color for you and your home.
Now that summer is in full swing, it is time for homeowners to think about tackling that “To Do” list of property chores such as cleaning out the garage, washing out the gutters, and deciding if this is the time to paint the exterior surfaces of your home. Homeowners sometimes wonder if they can put it off for just one more year and avoid the cost and headache that painting can sometimes be. That is where Jerry Enos Painting can help. Exterior painting is one of the most cost effective renovations that has both aesthetic and functional benefits. Let our team of professionals take on your painting “To Do” list, and you will see the benefits immediately. Here are just some of the ways that painting will benefit your home.
- Aesthetics – Obviously a fresh coat of paint can make a world of difference in the look of any home. Think of how uplifting if would be to pull into your driveway every evening and see a home that has had a recent facelift. No more peeling areas, mildew stains, or fading areas will be seen – just a fresh coat of your favorite color.
- Curb Appeal – If you are considering selling your home, think about the curb appeal benefits of exterior paint. A new paint job sends the message to home buyers that the home is cared for inside and out. It also takes an expense off the home buyer’s list of renovations they may want to complete. Realtors also report that a freshly painted home can increase a home’s value!
- Protection Against the Elements – Painting can increase the lifespan of a home’s siding. New England homes deal with rain, snow, wind, sleet, hail, salty ocean water, and sea air constantly. Paint can serve as a sealant for the wood so these elements won’t impact the integrity of your home’s exterior surfaces. For example, unprotected wood is more susceptible to water damage. Unprotected wood can absorb water and cause it to soften, swell and, eventually, decay.
- Identification and Resolution of a Pest Problem – Carpenter ants, carpenter bees, and termites love tunneling out and hollowing out the wood of homes in our area. Paint can help seal off exposed areas that are prone to damage from these pests. In addition, during the painting process our team can identify any pest problems and inform homeowners so they can resolve it before the damage becomes extensive.
If you are considering crossing painting off your “To Do” list this summer, call Jerry Enos Painting for a free estimate. We can help your home reap the benefits! Call Jerry Enos Painting at 978-546-6843, or visit our website to find out more.
With Father’s Day just around the corner, some of you may be thinking about what to get dear-old-dad. If your dad is a “tinkerer” and enjoys spending lots of time repairing or rehabbing household items in your garage, may we suggest a Father’s Day Garage Makeover. Jerry Enos Painting can help you not only choose a color palette that can make his work space amazing, but also suggest an epoxy flooring that provides many benefits. Here are a few of our ideas for your garage makeover.
- Epoxy Flooring – If your dad works with many materials, especially those that can spill, stain, or damage a traditional concrete garage floor, then epoxy may be a smart choice. A custom epoxy floor is extremely durable, makes for easy clean up, and has many different finishing options that are non-skid for safety. Most people think of epoxy as being used on warehouse floors, airport hangars, and hospitals due to its fire resistance, easy maintenance, and durability, but more and more homeowners are choosing to use these in their personal workshops as well.
- Interior Painting – A garage or workshop tends to be dark or lacking in color. Make your dad’s workshop “pop” with color and brighten his day! We can work with you to choose a color that can compliment the surrounding area and make his workshop an extension of your home.
- Places for Knick-Knacks a Do-Dads – Every workshop needs places to hang tools and equipment. Make your dad’s day even more special by carving out a space just for him where every item has a storage area!
Looking for that extra special and unique gift for your dad this year? Talk to the experts at Jerry Enos Painting about how we can help complete a Garage Makeover this Father’s Day. Whether it is paint or epoxy flooring, we can help! Call Jerry Enos Painting at 978-546-6843, or visit our website to find out more.