The days are getting longer and the temperature is slowly rising! Spring is in the air. For many homeowners, that means spring cleaning indoors and getting outdoor entertaining ready. At Jerry Enos Painting we offer a number of services that can jump start your outdoor season. Here are 5 springtime refresh ideas that can make your home ready for the warm breezes of spring and summer.
- Entryway Refresh – Your front door and entryway area is one location that homeowners and visitors see often! Change up the color of your front door or add new furnishing to the front porch. Nothing can lift your spirits more that having a pleasant and welcoming entryway area.
- New Exterior Paint – Spring is a great time to consider painting the exterior of your home. Fading, peeling, bubbling, chipping, and worn surfaces can be given a fresh look with a thorough cleaning, scraping, and new coat of paint. Stay with the same color you love or choose something new. Paint can transform the whole look of your home.
- Create an Outdoor Room – Spring is a wonderful time to be outdoors more often. If you love entertaining and grilling, consider carving out a new outdoor entertaining space. Refresh your deck or patio with a power wash or create a “room” with patio furniture.
- Flower Boxes – Annual and perennial flowers are a perfect way to liven up the landscape around your home. A splash of color can put a smile on anyone’s face so mount some freshly painted flower boxes and get planting.
- Accent Wall – If you are looking to refresh the indoors but don’t have a lot of time, think about an accent wall in your living room, dining room, or kitchen. A complimentary color or coordinating color can completely change the look of your home’s interior.
Jerry Enos Painting offers interior and exterior paint, power washing, and deck refinishing to help you refresh your home this spring. Call Jerry Enos at 978-546-6843, or visit our website to find out more.
If you are considering putting a “For Sale” sign up on your front lawn this spring then you are probably thinking about ways to quickly add value to your house or, at the very least, how to make your home more attractive to buyers. If you have home renovations in mind (and a budget), but are wondering what will bring you the most bang-for-the-buck or, as real estate experts call it, ROI (return on investment) then here are some projects to tackle before that first open house.
While bathroom and kitchen renovations always have a great return on investment, some homeowners simply don’t have the time, money, or inclination to make major improvements before selling their home. Short of investing a large chunk of time and money before listing your home, here are some of the best ways to create curb appeal and make your home look move-in ready.
- Paint – It may seem like a small change, but a fresh coat of paint can transform a home’s exterior or interior. In fact, painting or powerwashing all exterior entrances can deliver the first and last impression to potential buyers, and those impressions can make or break a deal. Add a pop of color to the front door or garage to make the curb appeal go through the roof! Paint interior rooms that are looking old or dated. You want your home to look move-in ready and well cared for. Paint can do just that. These small changes can mean this difference between a buyer considering your house or driving right on by the open house.
- Landscaping – Real estate agents can not stress enough that a home needs to make a great first impression. Painting the exterior is one way, but completing landscaping is a small investment with a ROI that is priceless. If your property needs some serious work and doesn’t “show” well, then hiring a landscaper might be a good investment.
- Declutter – This suggestion from realtors can come at no cost and can make your home look fresh and clean. Remove all the keepsakes and personal pictures so that home buyers can imagine their “stuff” in your home. Decluttering can be a pain but well worth the weekend time if it helps your home show better.
Jerry Enos Painting has been helping homeowners for years make their property look its best, whether it is getting it ready to sell or purely for the enjoyment of the homeowners themselves. For your painting needs, call us at 978-546-6843, or visit our website to find out more.
Have you ever set out on a “do-it-yourself project” such as painting and then abandoned the idea before the job is even halfway done? Or have you ever started a painting project only to realize that you didn’t have the right equipment (or for that matter skill level) to complete the job the right way? These are common hazards of homeowners thinking that painting the exterior of their home will be easy or a quick weekend project. Wondering why you should use a professional for exterior painting?
Professional Painters have the advantage because they…
- Understand the Conditions of your Home: Many homeowners don’t realize that there are so many factors to consider when painting the exterior of a home. For example, how difficult is your home to paint? Is it a simple box shape with easy lines? Or perhaps your home is taller, older, or has intricate detailing, dormers, overhangs, or nooks and crannies that may need extra TLC. Some homes have sloping ground or the grade around the perimeter of the structure is graded awkwardly. Other homes need lots of prep work due to wood rot, mildew, peeling, cracking paint, or loose caulking. If your home has some tricky aspects, you may want to consider hiring a professional who knows how to deal with homes of all sizes, shapes, details, and prep work needed.
- Have the Right Tools Painters make it part of their business to have the right tools needed to handle every situation. The experts at Jerry Enos Painting can deal with any type of home because we have specialized equipment that a homeowner would not normally have at their disposal including: lifts, extension ladders, planks, scaffolding, an assortment of paint applicators, caulking, repair needs and, of course, cleaning items for all that prep work.
- Have the Experience and Skills While it may seem like operating a brush and roller are fairly simple jobs, this is not exactly true. Professional painters like our team members, understand where to look for issues, how to prep a difficult area, how much paint is adequate, the right conditions to paint in, how to cut-in properly, and a million other little tricks-of-the-trade that only come with years of experience and skill.
- Save you Time One of the questions to consider when deciding to go it alone painting or hiring a pro is, “How much is your time worth?”. Do you have several weekends to devote to prepping, cleaning, and painting the exterior of your home or would that time be better spent doing something else?
Professional painters, like the members of our team here at Jerry Enos have the skill, experience, understanding of your home’s special conditions, and the time to complete your exterior paint project right the first time! Call Jerry Enos at 978-546-6843, or visit our website to find out more.
After a winter of harsh weather, spring is a great time to get out there and freshen up the exterior of your home, from siding surfaces to the walkways and entertaining areas. A power wash (or sometimes called pressure washing) makes sense since the equipment used is designed with special pumps that have 50% more force than a regular garden hose, able to clean areas that are hard to reach or that have excessive dirt, grime, and mold. At Jerry Enos Painting we suggest power washing for several main reasons:
- Preventative Maintenance – Power washing stops the premature decay of a home’s siding, decking, or walkways. It prevents the mold, mildew, and harmful chemicals used during the de-icing of roads every winter from building up and harming your exterior surfaces. Without this annual cleaning, wood and siding may age faster and see premature damage due to dirty surfaces.
- Keeping the Family and Pets Safe – Power Washing is a safe way to wash away chemicals such as liquid deicers, rock salt, and fertilizer ingredients used around the property that have built up over the years. Power washing can also remove mold, mildew, and allergens that can make your family and pets sick. Removing mildew on walking surfaces can also prevent slips and falls as these areas can get slippery after rain or with morning dew.
- Curb Appeal – Ask any realtor and they will advise that freshening up the exterior of your home before selling is a smart investment. This should include the landscaping, painting, décor, windows, hardscape, and completing a thorough power wash of all these areas should be top on the list.
- Home Value – Studies completed by Consumer Reports suggest that cleaning, painting, and overall tidying up a home can increase the home’s value by 2-5%. This is critical when it comes time to sell.
- Environmentally Friendly – Power washing is environmentally friendly. There are no chemicals used in power washing and the amount of water is 75% less than if a homeowner used a garden hose.
Do you need a power wash for your exterior surfaces such as your home, deck, walkways, or business? Call Jerry Enos at 978-546-6843, or visit our website to find out more.
Finally Mother Nature has begun to cooperate by providing the northeast with some much needed warmer weather and sunnier days after a winter of back-to-back Nor’easters. For all of us hibernating in front of the fireplace, it is time to start thinking about getting outdoors and prepping for outdoor entertaining. That means more than just firing up the grill, and buying some tiki torches. It means examining the deck and hardscapes for damage, power washing, and making your deck look like new again through refinishing. At Jerry Enos Painting we can help your deck and patio area be “entertainment-ready.” Here are some tips.
- Visual Inspection – After a winter of heavy, wet snow and wind, it is a good idea to complete a thorough inspection on the wood on your deck, regardless of whether it is natural redwood, cedar, or pressure treated. Check the entire structure, including the underdeck, for rot, mildew, or nails that have popped out. Look for softspots, splinters or discoloration of the wood. Check closely that there is no rot around supports.
- Pressure Wash – Nothing brings back the new look of a deck like a pressure washing. Pressure washing can actually rejuvenate wood, concrete, vinyl, brick, and other surfaces by removing entire layers of built-up dirt and particulates, oil, gum, and other gunk. Stripping away the grunge to reveal the unsullied surface below actually protects that surface from future rot and UV damage.
- Deck Refinishing – Once your deck has been inspected and cleaned thoroughly, it is time to refinish the wood to bring it back to its former glory. Our crew here at Jerry Enos can strip it, seal it, and protect it for another season of entertaining.
If you love to entertain outdoors and need some help getting your decking prepped for the spring season of grilling, call Jerry Enos at 978-546-6843, or visit our website to find out more