When it comes to painting the walls of your home, condominium, or apartment, do feel like you need something more, something artistic in nature, something that will be imaginative, creative, and unique? Or possibly, might you be looking for a design that can bring out the unique architecture or design of your living space? While you could search for a color palette that creates the mood you are hoping to attain, or even dabble with different textures, there is another alternative. Graphic painting is a trendy choice in interior wall painting. Let’s take a look at some different options, as well as the goals of these new graphic wall paintings.
Creating the perfect design on your walls will take some serious planning and, in our opinion, help from the professionals to be sure the shapes, lines, and graphics come out looking sharp. There is nothing worse than spending time and money to make a one-of-a-kind graphic design, only to have your measurements off or lines crooked. Jerry Enos Painting can guide you on your options as well as color choices. Not all homeowners are daring enough to try these designs, but here are a few geometric shapes and lines to consider:
- Horizontal or Vertical Stripes
- Chevron Style Designs
- Harlequin Diamond Design
- Argyle Patterns
- Asymmetrical Designs
- Famous Sayings or Quotes
- Nature Designs: Flowers, Animals, Grasses
For most homeowners, deciding on a certain graphic paint style usually comes from something that inspires the person, such as a hobby, interest, travel experience, architectural inspiration, or just finding a pattern that draws them in. Original visual effects on walls can liven up a dead space, become an accent wall, or just be there as a conversation piece. If you have questions about how this trend could be used in your home, call Jerry Enos Painting at 978-546-6843 or visit our website to find out more.
Do you have molding in your home? Do you often see nicks or scratches that take away from the beautiful and intricate detail of the molding? Do you dread having to scrape, sand, and repaint those small corners and edges that seem to go on for miles in your home? If so, it may be time for a professional molding makeover.
New England homes are historically built with all types of moldings, including: crown molding, door casings, chair rails, ceiling trays, and/or baseboard trim. For many of the high traffic areas in your home, the molding could probably use a little TLC from years of dust, chipping and scuffing. If your molding has begun to look a little worse-for-wear, then you may want to consider how these molding makeover ideas can breathe new life into your home.
- Repair and Replace – Homeowners should first inspect the molding (and there is usually a lot more than you originally thought) around the doors, ceilings, and windows of your home. Are there places that need to be replaced or repaired? Jerry Enos Painting can match the style to your existing molding and make it fit in seamlessly if there are sections that need repair and/or replacing.
- Color Choices – While most homeowners tend to select a variation of white color for molding, there are a wide variety of color palettes that can be used to bring out the color in your home. Coordinate with an accent color, a room color, or choose a classic white that can bring out the beauty in just about any room and can work with most colors on wall surfaces.
- Sheen Choices – As with wall colors, sheen can help bring out a shine or add a flat/eggshell look to the molding. Many homeowners opt for the higher sheens such as semi gloss or high gloss, as moldings tend to see high traffic such as fingers and hands around doors, windows, and light switches.
If it is time to repair, paint, and care for your molding, call Jerry Enos Painting at 978-546-6843 or visit our website to find out more about what sets us apart from the competition.
Painting the exterior of a home can not only give a house a new, fresh look that is sure to increase curb appeal, but can also protect the wood from potential rot, aging, and weathering due to climate, precipitation, or sun. There is quite a lot riding on the quality and maintenance of the paint that is protecting and aesthetically enhancing your home. So what steps should you take to make sure the paint is cared for properly. As professionals we know that the life of any exterior paint job depends on the care it receives. Here are a few tips from our painting professionals about how you can extend the life of your exterior paint and keep your house looking polished at the same time.
- Check for Spots and Stains – It is inevitable that something will stain or mark your house, whether it is a bird that soiled the paint, a child’s ball that bounces against the exterior wall, or a tree limb that rubs against the house, causing a mark. Homeowners should inspect the paint regularly to be sure that these marks or stains are cleaned with a gentle detergent, water, and a soft cloth.
- Power Washing – The northeast region has such wildly changing temperatures and humidity that mold and mildew can often begin to grow and spread on the exterior of homes with excess moisture. Consider having a power washing performed by a professional company such as Jerry Enos Painting. Doing it yourself may save you a few bucks, but damaging your paint or exterior surfaces is possible if the power washing is not done properly.
- Quickly Care for Damaged Boards or Siding – Wood can rot fairly quickly if it has been damaged and left to the elements. Replace or repair damaged boards and repaint the area to seal the wood and protect it from moisture.
- Invest in Quality Paint – The exterior of your home is bombarded with the sun’s rays, hard winter winds, and temperatures that fluctuate greatly. Choosing a high quality paint can diminish the ravages of Mother Nature and save your home from having to be painted again too soon.
Call Jerry Enos Painting at 978-546-6843 or visit our website to find out more about cleaning and maintaining the “like-new” look of your home’s exterior.
Painting the trim and walls is the easiest and least expensive way to completely transform a room or even the look of an entire home. Once you have painstakingly chosen the perfect colors, accent colors, and sheen, you will want to keep your walls and surfaces looking as good as the day they were painted. To do this, you will need to follow a few simple suggestions on how to extend the life of your newly-painted walls throughout your home.
- Conduct Regular Cleanings – Just as you dust your wooden furniture and vacuum your carpets, you should also engage in regular cleaning of the walls, which includes: dusting away spider webs and dirt/debris that has built up on the walls, especially in the corners. During spring and winter cleanings, use a cloth with soap and water and wipe down the walls gently. We suggest wiping down high traffic areas such as entrances to the kitchen, bathrooms, and around light switches often, in order to keep them looking fresh.
- Clean Up Stains, Smudges, and Marks – Washing the walls of your home probably is not high up on the list of things to do, especially if your life is as busy as most working people. So if you find yourself with a few extra minutes and want your walls to maintain that just-painted look, try cleaning the walls with a mild detergent, water, and a soft cloth. We suggest wiping down high traffic areas such as entrances to the kitchen, bathrooms, and around light switches often, to keep them looking fresh.
- Be Gentle – While there are many products out on the market today that claim to be able to take off even the nastiest of stains, we suggest using more gentle methods first. Often, the harsher the chemical, the more likely it is to take off the sheen of the paint or, in some cases, wipe away the paint itself.
- Touch Up – Chips, scratches, and nicks can happen on any wall, so we suggest touching up the paint when you feel it needs a quick refresh. Be sure to use the original color paint as you may make things worse by painting with a non-matched color. If you don’t have leftover paint that is still viable, try color matching via computer.
Call Jerry Enos Painting at 978-546-6843 or visit our website to find out more about cleaning and maintaining the “like-new” look of your paint.
If your family is like most American families, the kitchen is the heart of your home. It is where you gather for meals, to do homework, meet with friends, and, of course, sneak a midnight snack! Knowing that the kitchen is the center of your home, is the overall style what you want when entertaining? If the answer is no, but you don’t have the funds to do a complete renovation, you may be considering painting the kitchen cabinets. Here are three of the top benefits of making this choice.
- A Face-Lift – Kitchen cabinets are most likely one of the first things people notice when they enter a kitchen, as they take up a majority of the wall space. So if they are drab, dated, worn, or darker than you prefer, you may want to consider brightening up your kitchen with a professional painting of not only the wall surfaces but also the kitchen cabinets. If your cabinets are in fairly good condition, there really is no need to replace, but rather have the experts bring back the shine and new look to your kitchen through paint.
- Economical – Having a team of professionals remove, clean, sand, and paint your cabinet doors and the surrounding woodwork can be much more cost effective than a complete replacement of the cabinets. The average cost of revitalizing cabinets by painting is a fraction of the cost of both the labor and materials needed to replace the existing cabinets.
- Time and Convenience – Not only is the cost a factor when deciding whether to replace or rejuvenate your cabinets, but time and convenience should be considered as well. For most contractors, gutting and replacing cabinets will take approximately 3-6 weeks and will mean losing your kitchen during that time. In a fraction of the time, usually less than a week, your kitchen can look like new with a paint color that you have chosen.
If you are looking to revive your old or outdated kitchen through painting, call Jerry Enos Painting at 978-546-6843 or visit our website to find out more.