Do you have this dream of transforming a basement room or garage area into the ultimate “Man Cave?” It could be a place you could entertain, relax or just get away from it all. Picture the comfortable seating, state-of-the-art technology and the decor that creates a wonderful space for you and your buddies. Here are a few ideas for design, paint and decoration for your special space.
- Focal Point – What is the main purpose of your Man Cave? Do you enjoy watching movies, playing pool, thrive off of video games or something else? Decide on your focal point and that will determine furnishings, paint, and decorations. For example, if you love watching sports you may want a room where there are multiple televisions and the widows can be darkened to keep the light out. Comfortable seating is a must for your friends on games days and a place to put your snacks and beverages should be thought out too!
- Paint – The color of paint you choose will determine the mood of your room. If you are looking for a cozy, darkened, masculine look you may want to go with a darker neutral like brown or green. These colors can keep rooms dark for movie and television watching and can set the stage for a cool hang out.
- Decor – Once you have chosen the color and purpose of the room you can start choosing furnishings that will provide seating and entertaining areas. You may also want to choose accents such as a dart board, bar area or game table in case poker is your thing.
- Technology – Most Man Caves have some sort of advanced technology that will need to be designed and installed by a professional from televisions, to surround sound to video gaming consoles. Once you put it all together you will have an ultimate Man Cave to impress you friends and family.
Jerry Enos Painting has been around for decades and we have seen it all. Sometimes we are called in to a home or business to fix what a well-meaning “Do-It-Yourselfer” has messed up. Painting may look easy but to have it look crisp, clean and professional, sometimes it is best left to the pros! Here are just a sampling of rules that should not be broken when painting your home.
- Don’t Skimp on Materials – From brushes to paint, choose high quality. There is nothing worse that having bristles of brushes come off on the wall, paint clumps muck up the smooth walls or waste time doing several coats because a paint has low coverage.
- Don’t Skip the Prep Work – Cleaning the walls, dusting the heat registers, covering the floors and moving the furniture should not be optional. If you rush through the prep work you may find that you have spider webs in a corner where you are painting, a paint splatter on your hard wood floors or furniture that is in the way of the work.
- Wait for the Right Temperature – Painting when it is too hot, humid or even too cold can be disastrous. Be sure you are painting in the right climate and when your hard work will not be ruined by Mother Nature.
- Use the Right Techniques and Tools – Be sure you have done your homework about how to paint certain areas of your home using specialized tools. It would be a shame to work so hard only to have to redo an area or find that it doesn’t look quite right.
- Clean Up – Many a DIY job has been ruined when paint and brushes were not stored and cleaned properly. Be sure you wash and clean brushes and rollers as well as tidy the painting area each night.
Does your home or business have a utility or work room that sees high foot traffic and is exposed to various abuses such as chemical spills, oil drips, high temperatures or changing humidity? The room may be a garage or laundry room in your home or a workshop or factory floor in your commercial or industrial business. What they all have in common – the need for an epoxy flooring. Here are the top ten reasons why choosing epoxy flooring from Jerry Enos Painting will benefit your home or business.
- Epoxy floorings offer a hard wearing durable surface able to withstand heavy and continuous traffic. Even concrete floors crack and wear after years of use.
- Epoxy floors are really fast and easy to install.
- Epoxy Floors are simple to clean and maintain which is ideal for garages, laundry rooms and factory floors. Epoxy resists oil stains, beads water, and wipes clean.
- Epoxy floors can last years and years.
- Epoxy is versatile and can be combined with paints and colors to create patterns or logos for your store or workshop.
- Epoxy provides a chemically resistant surface ideal for manufacturing plants or workshop floors.
- Epoxy floors offer enhanced safety by creating an anti-slip surface, heat and fire resistant solution to concrete floors.
- Epoxy flooring increases the brightness of an area due to the high gloss finish. Brightness can increase by 200%!
- Epoxy prevents wear and tear to the existing concrete floor.
- Epoxy floors are considered environmental friendly solutions.
If you are considering flooring alternatives for your home or business talk to the professionals at Jerry Enos Painting 978-546-6843. Our experts can evaluate your room and explain the process of this durable and easy to maintain epoxy flooring.
Thinking about selling your home? Hoping to fetch top dollar and get an excellent return on your precious investment? If so, you may be considering ways to improve your home before you place it on the market. One of the steps that realtors advise sellers who are both cost-conscious and time-conscious is painting. Let’s look at the tops reasons why painting the interior, exterior or both is a great idea before you place it on the market!
- First Impressions – When a buyer pulls up in front of your home, they immediately look at the exterior and gain a critical first impression. Making that first impression a positive one is so important. If your home has chipping, weathered or peeling paint, gutters that need cleaning and a lawn that could use some work, then a potential buyer may not even enter your home. However, if your home is freshly painted, lawn is well-manicured and overall looks cared for, you will get that buyer looking closer and considering making an offer.
- Foot in the Door – New exterior paint may get your potential buyers through the front door but what about when they get inside? Are the color choices for the rooms too bold or light for the new buyers? Can they “see” themselves living in the home? New paint indoors can freshen up a room dramatically and give the house a new look. A newly painted room can clean up years of smudges on walls, knicks on the baseboards and stains on the ceilings.
- Less on the “To-Do” List – Every home buyer makes a mental list of the things that they want to change, fix or redo once they get into a home. Sometimes the list is so long that it puts a house out of the running. If your home is freshly painted inside and out, you may have given the buyer one less thing to worry about. In addition, a home that looks cared for means that other things such as electrical, heat and other utilities are equally maintained. Painting can put home buyers at ease that they are buying a well-maintained home that is practically turnkey.